When we think of the holiday season, we think – red and green. Choose to take care of our planet and think green!
During the holiday season there is around 1,000 pounds of extra waste per household. That seem like a lot, but if you think green, the good news is that about 80 percent of it can actually be reused, re-purposed or recycled. Before you decide to dump all those boxes from delivered packages into a plastic bag and get on with your day – go green and recycle those boxes. When you’re cleaning up after this year’s festivities, also think green – most wrapping paper these days is recyclable.
We’ve includes a helpful key to help you choose green for the holidays: Never hesitate to reach out if you have questions regarding any recycling or secure shredding needs:
Go Green – Use your Recycling Bin:
- Cardboard and paper boxes for gifts and shoes
- Wrapping paper that’s plain paper / no glitter, etc.
- Plain paper gift bags
- Holiday cards and envelopes that don’t have embellishments like glitter and glued on decorations
- Sticky gift tags are not recyclable by themselves, but they are acceptable if affixed to an envelope or wrapping paper
Items for your Garbage:
- Plastic bubble wrap, air pillows and all types of foam packaging
- Ribbons and bows because the material and size are not suitable for recycling
- Gift bags that are laminated, coated, dyed or glittered
- Cellophane wrap
Have a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable holiday season! -from your friends at gateway recycling